Hastert and...tabacco

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 20 16:29:13 PST 1998

>Ultimately a clash this serious must be
>fuelled by money, however much it is a clash between two idological blocs,
>otherwise they would have compromised. It has major implications for the
>legitimacy of bourgeois politics. Hunt the money.

Hunt the money. If they're not cretins, they really could want to have a solid Democratic government when the economic excrement hits the fan. Or at least a handful, with personal agenda's, patiance, and big idea's. It's not like there's any sign that the Dems are abandoning the neo-lib line. I think both parties believe the American people need to tighten their belts in the name of global competition.

When the belts get tight enough, Newt's abrassiveness might feel more like a fit with the public mood. IT COULD HAPPEN.!

>>Doug and I won't share that point of view if he does not
>support further restrictions on the promotion of tobacco.

I hated cigs, my mom and dad smoked, but I started, and I don't know if any of these reforms would have prevented that. I have some theories about this, but I gotta go. Now, though, I'm hoping cigs go to at least $4 a pack. I need all the help I can get.

I walked away from heroin in two months. Walked away from cocaine in two years. Alcohol, the lazy gals drug, took me decades. But I've never obsessed over any of these once I stopped, except the one time I quit smoking for a couple of weeks, not too long ago. It was the first time I understood a lot of what people talk about in AA. Very strange. Mourning. Suddenly I would remember I was not smoking, and I would feel this incredible sadness.

I started again, being on the internet and smoking, like peanuts and chocolate. Right after the holiday's I'm going to a hypnotist that Callahan recommended. I'm eating tons of fresh fruits and veggies, walking, even brewing my own herbal concoctions, it just doesn't fit. BTW, when my father quit, he was as usual, very arrogant about it, which made it sort of a class issue with me even before the maturing yuppies rose against it. Now, all their prep school babies seem to be starting. I'm always surprised when they do it in the restarant, since the owner has known most of their parents for years. But maybe that's WHY they do it. A lot of their parents are really busy people.