From Heidegger to Pomos

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 17:41:01 PST 1998

<< JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

> > you hace to rember I am alsoa student of Rorty's

> explain to me the fascination with rorty - care to elaborate?

> On what, exactly?

well, on why someone takes rorty seriously, as a theorist.

Because he's smart and interesting is cukturally important? If I were you I'd look at Norman Geras Solidarity in the Conversation of Humankind, a very good critique of Rorty by a sharp as a razor leftist who doesn't suffer fools gladly, but doesn't treat Rorty as a fool and does think he was worth writing a book about.

--jks