tobacco

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Mon Dec 21 11:34:54 PST 1998

Dear Greg,

A real interesting mega money issue worth watching both on a Federal and State level is electric utility deregulation. DeLay and some of his cronies have been pushing for electric utility deregulation big time. ENRON one of the key players, and, big spenders maybe headquartered in DeLays district; maybe some of the Texans on the list can fill us in.

The tiny Utility Workers union (43,000 members) has been the main opposition to electric utility deregulation. The Utility Workers have a well educated leadership and their rank and file has style. The AFL-CIO is supporting the Utility Workers position and has issued strong statements against electric utility deregulation.

It's a boring issue with profound and long range consequences.

Sincerely, Tom L.