Impeachment: Clinton's Service to the Democrats

John K. Taber jktaber at onramp.net
Mon Dec 21 18:09:14 PST 1998

sawicky at epinet.org (Max Sawicky) said: Unfortunately, the White House is dying to do something 'bipartisan' in the belief that this will ease up the pressure on them, and Social Security is a very likely candidate. Their conferences on the issue have been more hostile to the anti-privatization coalition, which includes the labor movement, than to the most extreme Cato-type privatizers.

Thanks for the heads up, Mike.

Why Clinton keeps trying to placate the implacables is beyond me. It only enflames the paleo-cons (thanks Nathan, I like the term) all the more.

-- Homines id quod volunt credunt.