From Heidegger to Pomos

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 22 15:32:35 PST 1998

Well I haven't read Rorty in quite some time, but I never did dig his epistemological move, sheepishly bowing his head, hands shoved in pockets, kicking his shitkickers in the dirt and saying: "Aww shucks, philsophy ain't so special. We's just another conversation among the conversations of mankind" I really find such posturing pathetic. It is a way of legitimating one's voice, in this case philosophy, as superior to others by donning the mantle of relativism. It's entirely too disingenuous. But that was written in '79, as he said much different since? Gad, Sam and Frances,you're gonna force me to dig out some books and like read or something.

SnitgrrRl