The Butler did it.

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 23 20:14:30 PST 1998

>Anyone willing to take a stab at translating it?
>
>On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> No doubt many of you have seen this a hundred times already. Judith Butler
>> has won this year's Bad Writing Contest, sponsored by the journal
>> Philosophy and Literature (anyone know anything about this journal). The
>> full story is at <http://www.cybereditions.com/aldaily>.
>>
>> Here's the winning sentence, from her essay "Further Reflections on the
>> Conversations of Our Time," in Diacritics:

Bummer. I thought this thread was going to be some dirt on Richard.

BTW, when I read Judith's paragraph I got a feeling simular to when I went to that disappointing Beach Boys concert. In some way, it just sorta says, FUCK YOU. Or maybe it says KISS MY ASS. No, no, I think it says, KISS MY ASS & FUCK YOU, TOO.

Unrepentant, unreconstructed simpleton-me.