Economic Salvation? But for whom?

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 24 11:12:54 PST 1998

>Russia premier approaches India, China on strategic plans By Reuters,
12/22/98

>MOSCOW - Prime Minister Yevgeny Primakov called yesterday for a strategic
triangle with India and China, after Russia's bitter criticism of the four-day US and
>British blitz of Iraq.
>
>Primakov made clear that Russia would not back down from its condemnation
of the strikes, and that it would also condemn any future offensive against Baghdad.

>''We will never change our position. We are very negative about the use of
force bypassing the Security Council,'' Primakov said in New Delhi.

>He said Russia, China and India should form a ''strategic triangle'' as a
counterweight to US influence in the world.

>The decision by the United States and Britain to launch air raids without
seeking approval from the UN Security Council infuriated Russia, which jealously guards its
>position as a permanent Security Council member.
>
>After the bombing ended on Saturday, President Boris N. Yeltsin said
common sense had prevailed but added that a profound review of international relations was
>now necessary.
>
>Russia recalled its ambassadors to London and Washington for consultations
as a sign of protest last week."

I also read that the Russians said, Like, you can forget about SALT II, fersure So someone's having a nice X-mas. Oh, say can you see, those Tiny Pebbles....

BTW, what is TINA?

Ho, ho, hoes, Busy, decentralized, hoes-

smooches pms