Russian proposal

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 24 16:14:09 PST 1998

welcome such an alliance with China? And how will Pakistan react to such a military pact? Will it move closer then to military cooperation with neighbouring Islamic countries including former republics of the Soviet Union? Such a move can be endorsed only if it brings peace and stability and does not lay the groundwork for another cold war."

I think the ball has been, and will continue to be in the US court. If the recent past is any indication, I would expect this country to do everything that runs counter to it's stated objectives, ie. peace and stability.

How typical that the author of the article makes no mention of the US actions (and inactions, if that's a word ) which have laid the groundwork for a new cold war.

It just hit me how similar the 90's were to the post-ww2 years. You got your blind arrogance that tells us, yea, we all that, when outside forces land the country in the cat-bird seat. And ya got yer criminally squandered opportunity. And yet, Rod Serling has left the building...

Submitted by some alien entity bent on getting Paula in trouble for extreme over-posting. But heck, it's Christmas, and for once, I'm not running around like a crazy person. I do have to run out and get a gal. of Southern Comfort for Rico, my best friend's brother, a man who has little, and doesn't seem to care. Thanks to the fact that he doesn't care for formal employment at the moment, I'm finally getting stuff done to the house, at an exploitative wage.

Nanu-nanu