No subject

Alec Ramsdell a_ramsdell at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 17:33:29 PST 1998

I'm gearing up for Judyfest on LBO, and looking for question of sex in Marx, Engles, Lenin, etc. Can anyone direct me to writings that follow similar lines to those quoted from the German Ideology below? Or any other writers addressing Marx et al on these questions? I hope the content of my inquiry isn't too open-ended.

Alec

"With these there develops the division of labour, which was originially nothing but the division of labour in the sexual act, then that division of labour which develops spontaneously or "naturally" by virtue of natural predisposition (e.g. physical strength), needs, accidents, etc. Division of labour only becomes truly such from the moment with a division of material and mental labour appears."

. . .

"the distribution, and indeed the unequal distribution, both quantitative and qualitative, of labour and its products, hence property: the nucleus, the first form, of which lies in the family, where wife and children are the slaves of the husband."

The German Ideology, Part One