The Price of Oil (and thanks, Jim H)

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 29 17:10:03 PST 1998

Check out a BBC report on Iraq oil smuggling through Turkey. There are all kinds of reasons why Clinton bombed Iraq, oil prices is very low on the list. If Iraq oil re-enters the world market, OPEC will reduce production quota, so the real impact on prices would be minimum, most market analysts estimated the price movement to be less that one dollar. Many of the Arab producers will curb production and make up the loss of revenue from a reduction of under the table aid to Iraq. There is no price economics in oil. It all politics.

Henry C.K. Liu

http://www.news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/despatches/newsid_69000/69411.stm