The Price of Oil (and thanks, Jim H)

DamonMac at aol.com DamonMac at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 16:58:01 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/29/98 5:17:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, hliu at mindspring.com writes:

> Check out a BBC report on Iraq oil smuggling through Turkey.
> There are all kinds of reasons why Clinton bombed Iraq, oil prices is very
> low on
> the list.
I wasn't suggesting that he bombed because of oil prices, but why do you think Washington is so adamant about keeping the sanctions going despite Dennis Halliday's resignation calling the sanctions "illegal and immoral" and "a blunt weapon"? It seems like the US is the only one who is trying to keep the sanctions on so strictly. I checked out the BBC page; I already knew all of this. You think price has nothing to do with it?

Damon Mac Fodge