blaming the brain, the family, & talk shows

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at primenet.com
Thu Dec 31 06:09:25 PST 1998

Hello everyone,

Kelley writes: I
>scanned the new books shelves and stumbled over _Blaming the Brain: The
>Truth about Drugs and Mental Health_ Elliot S. Valenstein. He's a
>neuropsychologist, Doyle, so I wondered if you'd read him. It looks as if
>he very carefully examines the research, which I thought was helpful. I'll
>take a look see maybe, though I;m buried with work and probably won't have
>time for it. I always do this to myself--have too much work and run out
>and get books that I'd like to read but don't have time for.

Doyle

No I haven't read or heard of this book. I mostly learn about drugs and mental health directly from people who use them. I know that is pretty anecdotal. I'll see if I can spot the book at Cody's or some used place like Moe's. Or the library, though the Berkeley public library never has anything I want to read.

regards, Doyle Saylor