Nike and the choices we don't have

Fellows, Jeffrey jmf9 at cdc.gov
Thu Jul 2 13:46:00 PDT 1998

Making decisions on an individual basis, i.e., voicing our political opinions through consumption, is exactly what capital interests want people to do. Unless you are rich, you will be unlikely to be able to be completely consistant in your purchases. You will be forced to choose your causes. Consequently, progressive change has to come from collective action.

Jeff

---------- From: Jessica To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Nike and the choices we don't have Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 1:16AM

My friend found a Canadian-made, Canadian-manufactured shoe in Halifax, Nova Scotia - they make sneakers too. Surely there are still small, local shoe makers/manufacturers in the US as well?

Jess