paranoid Jews? (was: RE: Michael Lerner bashing)

JayHecht at aol.com JayHecht at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 10:08:23 PDT 1998

<< I suspect US Jewish paranoia is

a cynical ploy to get a disproportionate amount of attention/political

favors for pet projects such as Israel and Holocaust museums? >>

Frances,

I was swimming by a lake in upstate NY with my two kids and these two fisherman were going on and on about "those greedy jews" and other nasty comments about jews. Ever been in a similar situtation? What would you do? I (unfortunatley) ignored these guys, mainly because I didn't want any trouble for my wife and daughters. When I was a kid, I played in an ice hockey league in NYC and caught anti-semitic shit - which I can only surmise they assumed I was because of the name on my jersey. Paranoid? I don't think so. I consider myself fairly "assimilated" however, there are enough assholes out there who will chose to define me however they damn please!

While I'm willing to accept that organizations need their causes (and contributions) supported by, perhaps paranoid feelings, anti-semitism, like racism, sexism, and other prejudices, I assure you, is alive and well.

Jason