happy autoworkers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 10 08:33:15 PDT 1998

Michael Eisenscher wrote:

>(It would be instructive to examine what is happening in Puerto Rico this
>week, looking at specific unions, many of which are affiliates of their U.S.
>counterparts.)

I interviewed Cesar Ayala - a sociologist who teaches Latin American studies at Lehman College who's in Puerto Rico for the year, and who's running the Puerto Rico Libre list - on my radio show last night. He said that the CWA has been supportive and that the Teamster local has been very militant. Not a word from the AFL-CIO leadership though.

Doug