idiocy

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Sat Jul 11 08:32:28 PDT 1998

Carrol writes:
>Why be harder on U.S.
>or British "traitors" than on German "traitors." [SNIP]

Are you asking why should one be harder on those who worked for the Soviet Union against the U.S. or British states than on Germans who worked for the Soviet Union against the Nazis? Well, there are some differences between the Nazis and the U.S. and British states. Of course this doesn't mean I wouldn't be hard on the CIA agents who effectively passed death sentences on five thousand members of the Indonesian Communist Party, the PKI, by handing their names over to Suharto and the insurgent generals during the '65 coup. I think you have to consider the Soviet Union - what's the word I'm searching for? - dialecticly. Sure, the West was forced to behave better than it would have because of it, but do your really think the terrorized Soviet citizenry gave a shit about that?