paranoid Jews? (was: RE: Michael Lerner bashing)

Nurev at Kreative.net Nurev at Kreative.net
Fri Jul 10 20:07:53 PDT 1998

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Both European Jews and American Blacks met the structural pre-requisites of
> a systematically oppressed minority, hence both were systematicall
> persecuted. However, with the establishment of the state of Israel, one
> structural prerequisite disappeared, for the Jews so it is unlikely that
> pogroms will be repeated. That, of course, doe not mean disappearance of
> negatigve stereotypes, but virtually any group is subject to such stereotypes.
>
> Thus, the bottom line is that the past history of the persecution of Jews
> is in no way an indication of what may happen in the future.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wojtek

This is an interesting point and many Jews ( mostly assimilated types ) are in agreement with you. But, I would suggest that Israel itself will be the cause of future persecutions of Jews in the diaspora. That includes the USA. And, let's not forget that as recently as five years ago there was a full fledged pogrom in Crown Heights Brooklyn ironically perpetrated by Blacks.

Joshua2