PKI in 1965

Sat Jul 11 15:05:02 PDT 1998

>Secondly, you attribute all the deaths in vietnam
>and cambodia to the communists, failing to set aside a category for
>civilians killed by the U.S. in vietnam, and civilians bombed or starved
>to death in Cambodia in the pre 1974 era.

I don't, actually. In addition to the (guessed at) death toll from the consolidation of power by the Vietnamese Communist Party, the U.S. killed some 500,000-1,000,000 Vietnamese over the course of a decade and a half for no purpose whatsoever--save Lyndon Johnson and company's belief that the Democratic Party could not allow itself to be outflanked on the right in foreign policy...