Body counts

Sat Jul 11 16:48:45 PDT 1998

Brad De Long wrote:

> >Again, I am not recommended that we choose our preferred form of government on
> >the basis of such accounting.
>
> Why not?

Because this form of accounting usually revolves around wild guesses by people who make up numbers to serve an ideological purpose; and, more important, because it only addresses a small part of the situation.

Chas.: Yes, this is what I was saying the last time we did body counts. For example the chart with on communist governments earlier in this thread is an anti-communist motivated count.

Plus, the body counters don't have a cogent system of proximate cause or affixing blame validly.

Charles Brown