LePen and the Cup (was: Vive La France! (fwd)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Tue Jul 14 05:46:03 PDT 1998

This is for Mssrs. McLennan and Kilander, who were watching the game...

Frances

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:28:16 -0500 Reply-To: johnny at charm.net To: johnny at charm.net Subject: Re: Vive La France!

At 10:54 PM 7/13/98 -0400, someone wrote:

>Any word on what the National Front, the neo-fascist, 'no immigrants
>allowed' party in France, has to say about this? An Algerian wins them a
>Cup, with assistance from stars like Thuram, whose complexion is, shall we
>say, most un-Gallic? I can see LePen fumbling for words, myself.

Someone else responded: I read that they issued a statement congratulating the team "which has representives of France's colonies".