Japanese Democracy

michael michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Jul 15 08:06:22 PDT 1998

Brad's connection between Italy and Japan is apt. In both cases, the US worked hard to create such a hegemony in order to protect the country from a communist won election. I don't remember the details about Japan clearly. My source was from a New York Review of Books article from 20-30 years ago about a book that discussed the rise of the first post war prime minister in Japan.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu