Theft/Cultural Imperialism

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Fri Jul 17 08:43:47 PDT 1998

This doesn't qualify as theft but is cultural anthro in the abstract.

The only anthropologists I know works for the California Judicial Council which monitors the Cal court system. She works on the statistical analysis of various data collected by the court system and prepares the reports. These are some pretty interesting stats and are available at:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/onlinereference/

I am not sure how much of this is her work, but the web page and the preparation were all done on her home system (a Mac/PC network comb) while she was still an independent contractor. The state recently got around to hiring her full time.

Chuck Grimes