health care costs (was Soviet and US Economy)

Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net
Sat Jul 18 09:14:20 PDT 1998

>> Our health care represents a high share in part because of the

>> huge profit margins and the concentration of health resources

>> in the last weeks of a person's life and on the needs of the

>> well to do.

how big is the profit margin? people are always telling me insurance companies don't make tons of money. is that true? are the profit margins in the doctors' bottom lines? hospitals'? medical R&D companies'???

is there a readily available and reasonably accurate pie/slice diagram of where the US medical dollar goes?

regards -- ____ Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net ___| ------->> Engineering R&D <<-------- Theoretical & Applied Mechanics | Designspring, Inc. Westport, CT USA Center for Radiophysics & Space Research | les at designspring.com Cornell Univ. schaffer at tam.cornell.edu |