health care costs (was Soviet and US Economy)

Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net
Mon Jul 20 12:04:28 PDT 1998

>> the huge profit margins ...

>> Les Schaffer responded:

>> how big is the profit margin?

>> Enrique Diaz-Alvarez <enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu> responded:

>> According to Consumer Reports, 21 cents out of every dollar

>> collected by HMOs in premiums is spent in something other than

>> health care

yes. i know that not all of a health care $ goes to health care per se. my question is, does it go to paying ancillary people's salaries, bureaucratic machinery, or does it go to large __profits__ as michael perelman has suggested.

regards... -- ____ Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net ___| ------->> Engineering R&D <<-------- Theoretical & Applied Mechanics | Designspring, Inc. Westport, CT USA Center for Radiophysics & Space Research | les at designspring.com Cornell Univ. schaffer at tam.cornell.edu |