Brad De Long doesn't belong on a left discussion list

Aaron aaron at burn.ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 21 02:04:03 PDT 1998

It seems to me entirely unacceptable for a 'Left' discussion list to include among its participants someone who, in response to the rather weak liberal statement:

writes:

>I don't like Suharto, but when I think about what happens in the first
>generation or two after a Communist victory...
>So I find it very difficult to condemn the CIA's actions in Indonesia in
>1965. Eurasian Communists have been very bad news...

This support for the massacre of worker and peasant leaders by the bourgeoisie puts Mr. De Long on the other side of a bloody divide from any kind of leftist -- whether trade union militant, anarchist, Marxist or any combination or variant thereof. One should no more engage in polite discussion with him than with an admirer of Adolf Hitler. He should be promptly removed from this list.

- In solidarity against capital,

- Aaron