Theft

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 15:45:54 PDT 1998

Wojtek wrote:

> the main purpose of 'global
> capitalism' is the transfer of resources from the periphery to the core,
> and establishing kleptocracies in the periphery does not seem to be a very
> efficient way of accomplishing that transfer.

Wojtek, your posts on Russia in the past few days have been tremendous and one in particular on externalities, is one to treasure forever.

But exaclty why is establishing kleptocracies inefficient? I should say it is fantastically efficient, especially in an era of deflation and chronic overproduction of capital, when no alternative 'developmental' scenario exists.

-- Mark Jones http://www.geocities.com/~comparty