quant speculators: nyt

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:16:29 PDT 1998

Dear Doug and the Left Business Observers, This reminds me of a little story from the early '80s, about a West Virginia medical doctor who felt he had been cheated by a Pittsburgh stockbroker associated with a large and well known brokerage house. The good doctor, dressed as Santa Claus, allegedly abducted the stockbroker from the brokerage houses Christmas party and carried him off to rural West Virginia where he chained up the stockbroker in an outbuilding. There were reports at the time that the good doctor carried out some electro-shock and chemical experiments on the broker. I don't know if this made the NYT or not. Sincerely, Tom