PR: International Coalition For River Restoration Formed

Thomas Mertes mertes at ucla.edu
Tue Jul 28 11:13:05 PDT 1998

Another good book on the utter folly of U.S. policy toward river
>management and irrigation, esp. in the West, is Cadillac Desert (the
>author's name escapes me at the moment...) Very high on the outrage
>quotient...
>
>Jim Baird

Marc Reisner is the author of Cadillac Desert

For some other even more powerful criticisms of water politics in the West and California see:

Robert Gottlieb, A Life of its Own : the Politics and Power of Water Robert Gottlieb and Margaret FitzSimmons, Thirst for Growth : Water Agencies as Hidden Government in California