Privatization Pep Rally

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 30 11:36:04 PDT 1998

Max Sawicky wrote:

>I would reiterate that appeals to experience
>have limited effects in boosting anti-
>privatization arguments, for reasons to
>be found in my numerous posts.

Max, what you're really saying is that the ruling class has decided to privatize Social Security, and all their loyal professors and pundits are aiding in the sales effort, and there's not a goddamn thing we can do about it. Especially since it's going to be done by a Democratic president, which silences the unions and liberals who might otherwise make a fuss if it'd been Steve Forbes doing the dirty work.

Doug