Alf Landon's Speech on Social Security 1936 Presidential Campaign

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Fri Jul 31 09:56:14 PDT 1998

Dear Jordan,

I am sending you a copy of a speech by Republican Alf Landon in which he raises the same concerns as you have about social security---only back in the 1930's.

I requested a copy of the testimony from Cleveland Congressman Dennis Kuchnich's office. Kuchnich is not my congressman, but, he is on the committee that was asking the questions. I was told it would be sometime before the testimony would be transcribed and released. You can call your congressman's office and make a similar request it may speed things up.

Sincerely, Tom http://www.ssa.gov/history/alfspeech.html -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19980731/3aba2d8f/attachment.html>