[Fwd: militia research]

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 2 14:02:39 PDT 1998

Katha wrote:
> I assume that in practice you'd all do that too.
> So what are we arguing about exactly?

Oh, views + feelings of predominantly white, male, and well-armed people, with a tiny sprinkling of black men and white women, it seems. Views + feelings of this segment of people, Katha, must be taken into account. We really need to _talk_ to them. (I'm not quite sure if they wanna talk to _me_, though. What do you think?) Coz, you see, these folks are very well armed!

On the other hand, you really shouldn't hesitate before trashing 'identity politics' of women, people of color, queers, etc. These people have _no_ significant views + feelings we should consider! Or maybe it's that they aren't as well armed!

Now the above is ironic, obviously. However, I really have to wonder the differences in tone I notice when I compare what many here say about 'identity politics' of people of color and the threads on what looks to me to be an equally or much more misguided identity politics of Patriot varieties. Where do you think the difference comes from?

Yoshie