[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: militia research]]

Charles Brown charlesb at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Jun 3 06:24:46 PDT 1998

The minutemen were "least government is the best government" , "sons of LIBERTY" type anarchist/libertarians. That is part of the political model of the militia. The 2nd amendment mentions the militia in the 1700's minuteman sense.

Then there was a revolutionary bourgeois democratic element to it. Shays rebellion was it the Washington put down.,American levelling ?

Then there was some progressive element. Now it is semi-insane democracy , as in wacko.

Charles Brown

Mathew Forstater wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Charles Brown wrote:
> >
> > They are anarchists
>
> I don't think so. i would use libertarian. i don't think emma goldman,
> kropotkin, the anarcho-communists and anarcho syndicalists are on their
> reading lists. anarchism is a serious left political philosophy. i would
> not use it for right wing anti-statism.
>
> Mat

Do libertarians go in for military forms of organization? Something wrong with this picture.

katha