List volume; one-liners

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 3 09:09:28 PDT 1998

Louis Proyect wrote:

>More bytes = more costs for
>Doug. It also equals a lot of superfluous verbiage.

I'm going to post some housekeeping notes later today - I've figured out a way to kludge a posting count using Excel - but Lou's right on this. One liners that quote a 10k posting are extremely irritating. Remember too that lots of people, especially outside the U.S., have to pay for their access by the minute.

Another thing: please don't attach any files to list postings. If you have something you want to share with the world, announce its availability and have interested parties contact you for the details.

Doug