We are all Keynesians now

Richard Marens parvus at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 5 12:35:59 PDT 1998

> Was Reagan's running up the national debt to 3 trillion dollars the result of his super-Keynesianism, the greatest deficit spending ever ?
> And isn't Keynesianism the bourgeois political economic name for the British and U.S.government policy form of state-monopoly capitalism, imperialism's answer to it's crisis by changing to neo-imperialism ? If Clinton is ending deficit spending, that fists with all of the other signs of a new stage of imperialism, post-Keynesianism or superimperialism, transnational imperialism.

One thing that always struck me regarding Reagan's Keynesianism is how top heavy it is. Planned or not, it is difficult to imagine a deficit spending program in which the spoils were poured so directly into upper class pockets. Not that Kirkland, etc. didn't salivate at the offer of a handful of labor aristocratic jobs in the "defense" sector.