Organized Labor and Bilingual Education: Any Cooperation?

Michael Eisenscher meisenscher at igc.apc.org
Sun Jun 7 12:15:33 PDT 1998

Max,

This brother was not citing a theoretical tract or offering this as political scripture, but rather to make the point about how racism and anti-communism are the two most potent weapons for dividing the working class and have been used both alternatively and together by some of the same forces. Recall I described this rep as an older African American staffer. The largest unit he worked with was a large foundary that employed a workforce composed in the majority of Black workers with Southern roots and among the whites a fair number who were from Appalachia. He made the point in simple statement of a few words...and they got it.

Michael