Consumer debt crunch and division by two

hoov hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Tue Jun 9 15:17:08 PDT 1998

> Finally, I think people have taken on new ideas about the role of
> debt in household finances. There's less stigma in buying things
> on credit;
> /jordan

in 1996, the working class family featured on the Disney-owned ABC television series *Roseanne* brought 9 people to Orlando for a fictional four-day tour of the entertainment giant's theme parks... when a character commented on the cost of the excursion, estimated at more than $5000, John Goodman's character (husband & father Dan) responded: "Nobody should be worrying anything about money this whole trip" (this was before the final season of this series in which Roseanne's family struck 'gold' by winning the lottery)... Michael Hoover