Nader

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Tue Jun 9 17:48:57 PDT 1998

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I think Nader is in some ways a comic-book intellectual: he simply has no
> respect for or interest in people as people. He wants a more "logical"
> capitalism. One large group of '60s radicals, including my own daughter,
> were radicalized by being insulted as it were by the illogicality of
> imperialist practice. Pure logic in that sense is no foundation for
> digging in for the long run.

Rubbish. Ralph is no intellectual at all. He is a largely atheoretical fightoing people's lawyer with the notion taht the law should be used for the public interest and against the big boys. He doesn't have a view on the desirability of capitalism; his horizons don't go that far. But I acnnot imagine anyone with more respect for people or interest in them as such, nor do I know of anyone who has done more for them still living.

--jks