US energy bills (was Re: Nader)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Jun 10 15:24:09 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

> U.S. energy bills aren't "high" by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, they are higher than they should be, for all the normal reasons (plus the bungled attempt to build safe, efficient, cheap nuclear plants :-), so they seem to be a decent anti-monopoly target (moreso, I think, than Microsoft or Intel); but in California, we're seeing what deregulation of the energy industry really means: you get a shell game about who is ripping you off, instead of a single target like PG&E that the SF Guardian can keep tabs on.

/jordan