Farewell to Kinky Sex? (was Re: what is the christian left?)

MScoleman at aol.com MScoleman at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 17:10:45 PDT 1998

In a message dated 98-06-10 15:20:26 EDT, chuck miller writes:

<< Yoshie,

Your comments are so trite and passe to be laughable. Have you read anything

beyond Freud on religion? Have you ever read a primary religious text? Do you

know why Islam, Judaism and Christianity all claim Abraham as their forebear?

Considering the fact that religious fundamentalisms of various kinds threaten

to unbalance American political hegemony, I think you would want to come up

with something better than boiled over Freud. You couldn't even hold a credible

conversation with a Muslim, not to mention the fact that your disdain for her

religious views would undermine any claim to authentic dialog.

chuck miller >>

lighten up, LIGHTEN UP. I think Yoshie's point is well taken, fundamentalism may be a serious issue but there is a hell of a lot more for the left to discuss than left and religion topics. And this from an ex-sunday school teacher. in fact, I think many marxists are downright prudes when it comes to sex, kinky or otherwise. Maybe it's from taking religion too seriously. maggie coleman mscoleman at aol.com