Greed is good

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jun 11 07:30:20 PDT 1998

>So please do not give me that 'risk' bullshit, it stinks so badly that I
>have to open my window and risk catching a cold.
>
>Regards
>
>WS

Let's not be too rough on Jordan Hayes. He read "Atlas Shrugged" last year and it struck him as divinely inspired. Ayn Rand's prose has that effect on the young and the innocent.

Furthermore, he has volunteered to put the LBO-talk archives on a computer in his possession. Such charity is highly laudable.

Meanwhile, it is useful to have a bourgeois thinker on LBO-Talk, just to remind us of the sort of illusions that prevail in mass society. A couple of weeks ago young Jordan wrote me a letter telling me to take my Marxism somewhere else, because it didn't relate to the LBO-Talk agenda. I informed him that Doug Henwood was actually a Marxist and that LBO revealed this on an ongoing basis. "What's that...I can't believe it." was his response. Which is sort of a contradiction for Doug to resolve, but in any case let's not be too uncouth toward our house libertarian. Libertarians supposedly can have a certain insouciant charm, like P.J. O'Rourke or G. Gordon Liddy.

Louis Proyect