Greed is good

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Jun 12 08:37:07 PDT 1998

At 01:37 AM 6/12/98 -0700, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>> What is the _huge difference_ between
>> accepting risk and taking risk?
>
>Accepting risk is what you do when there's no alternative. I
>wouldn't even characterize it as risk, though I'm sure in the
>common usage of the word you'll see it thrown around.

This is certainly the most crackpot idea I've heard for some time. Choice is everything -if you have it, you desrve the highest rewards, if you do not - yoyu are nothing but a beast of burden. By that criterion, prisoners who were worked to death in, say, Dora "Mittlewerke" or Gulags did not risk anything, or at least not as much as some think-tank or financier schmuck playing video games on screen.

Are you serious, or you just think we aren't?

Regrads,

Wojtek