Gender, Race, and Publishing on the Left

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Jun 15 11:23:58 PDT 1998

At 11:53 PM 6/14/98 -0400, Maggie Coleman wrote:
>wit, you get lefties like Wojtek who make disparaging remarks about
>prostitutes to illucidate disdain of mainstream television theorists. Why

I object to that interpretation. The intent was to make a disparaging remark about media pundits, NOT prostitutes. I might have carelessly used the "stock phrase" you refer to in this context, but as you may recall, I explictly voiced opinions defending sex workers' rights in several debates on that issue on PEN-L.

Regards,

Wojtek Sokolowski