Gender, Race, and Publishing on the Left

MScoleman at aol.com MScoleman at aol.com
Mon Jun 15 18:38:03 PDT 1998

In a message dated 98-06-15 14:31:23 EDT, wojtek writes:

<<

I object to that interpretation. The intent was to make a disparaging

remark about media pundits, NOT prostitutes. I might have carelessly used

the "stock phrase" you refer to in this context, but as you may recall, I

explictly voiced opinions defending sex workers' rights in several debates

on that issue on PEN-L.

Regards,

Wojtek Sokolowski

Wojtek, I am sorry you are offended. I realize now that this does seem like a snipe at you, but it really wasn't meant to be. Your characterization of prostitutes was the first thing that came to mind while I was writing my bit -- though I fully understand that your intent was to defame the media pundits. My appologies for taking you out of context.

maggie coleman mscoleman at aol.com