Gender, Race, and Publishing on the Left

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Jun 16 11:00:54 PDT 1998

At 12:20 AM 6/16/98 -0400, Ingrid wrote:
>original offensive comment was my perception that too many on the left
>seem to think that if we could only repair the language we could change the
>world.

Ditto. I would not say it better myself. Which, IMHO, is yet another sign of the Left losing its materialistic roots and venturing into the quagmire of culture and symbol manipulation. On the pain of opening that can of worms again, I really like culture, especially of the "high end" variety, I just do not think it is a substitute (like religion) for material living conditions.

regards,

Wojtek