First clear message; Was Re: Constitutional...

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 17 07:50:02 PDT 1998

> I've been on this list for two days and this is the first clear, cogent,
> readable post so far in a sea of utter nonsense and pretension. For a
> good indication of what's wrong with the Left, look no further.

Almost the first post I ever sent to a maillist was a complaint about insufficient identification of who said what, and when is the poster speaking, etc. The poster of this message seems to have assumed (without intending to) that all of us reading the post would have clear printouts of all the messages referred to.

I am retired, with lots of spare time, and even I can't keep up with all the posts on lbo-talk, so when someone responds without distinguishing CLEARLY, at a glance, without thinking, the dramatis personae of his/her post, I spend an extra 30 seconds guessing, then delete the post. As I am doing with the post quoted above.

I really can't tell whether the poster is agreeing or disagreeing with Dan, or with someone else, or what.

Carrol