left conservatism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 18 11:21:21 PDT 1998

Brad De Long wrote:

>All I could think of was: "Yes. You, Wendy Brown, esteemed Professor of
>Women's Studies at U.C. Santa Cruz, you need to read a little less
>discourse theory and a little more by Paul Baran--or at least enough more
>by Paul Baran that you can figure out how to spell his name..."

To be fair to Brown, the text looks like it was transcribed from a tape, since there are several other misspellings that suggest that. Not that there's any excuse for botching Baran's name though.

But she also said what I've appended. Sure, her comments on Marx's LTV are just a bit off, but I think the only people who would find the answers to most of her questions to be self-evident are the sectarians who were booted early on from this list. Or maybe I'm wrong and the answers are as obvious as a sunrise.

Doug

----

Wendy Brown: