Asia and hormones: query

christian a. gregory driver at nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu
Fri Jun 19 15:11:13 PDT 1998

hey

1. what's a pf?

2. why are we continuing to use, speculate, inquire into the reality of a term reactivated (it is quite old, tho i forget it's precise origins) by judy and co.? seems strange, in my mind, because even if we concede each of wendy brown's points, that doesn't leave us the field-nebula theory of society that butler, brown et al claim. in other words, why not just say that it (the example doug gave) is stupidity? besides, since when did post-structuralists start believing in lumpy categories of people, when they all refuse the name "post-structuralist"--since, as they never fail to point out, this kind of categorization isn't "nuanced" or "differentiated" enough?

in short, it's a blind alley. why go there unless at gunpoint?

best christian