left conservatism

DENNIS_CLAXTON at fragomen.com DENNIS_CLAXTON at fragomen.com
Fri Jun 19 15:27:45 PDT 1998

christian asked:

>why are we continuing to use, speculate, inquire into the reality of a
>term reactivated (it is quite old, tho i forget it's precise origins) by
>judy and co.?

To be fair I think Butler, Brown, et. al. want to distance themselves from the term left conservatism. Apparently it was a little postmodern irony ("the spectre of left conservatism") used on the flyer announcing the santa cruz conference to get people in the tent. I heard the panelists didn't like it either.