left conservatism

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Sat Jun 20 13:44:26 PDT 1998

This is one of the ways (already imagined in my pessimistic imagination) in which this beginning could fail. But a left *starting* out with a black core has the best chance of becoming, *in reality* and not merely in good intentions, a multi-"racial" left.

I don't think predominantly white groups, no matter how hard they try, are going to be able to build a truly multi-"racial" left. I told you I was quite self-consciously sticking my neck way out. But if one only makes safe predictions or none it's no fun.

Carrol