Black....Michael P on Comintern. A correction.

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Sun Jun 21 09:17:08 PDT 1998

Michael P writes: [SNIP]

I cannot condone the organizing tactics of the Comintern as a model for
> future building, especially as CP members had to be "dragged" (my imagination
> can only weakly project what this physically and mentally entailed!).

In referring to those who reject the Comintern model, I should have said "those of us": I too reject the Comintern model. I merely wished to underline the exceptionality of even temporary quasi-successful efforts to break the "color line" in the U.S.

Carrol

P.S.: The main voice for "color-blind" politics in the U.S. is the WSJ. That doesn't prove a thing about anyone else who advocates such a policy, but as Thoreau said of a fish in the milk it gives one pause.

P.S. 2: Why is a Black-led mass movement so horrible and unimaginable to contemplate? Non-whites and women for a very long time have had to do the best they can within white-male led movements. Pretend I'm a female black marxist. What advice do you have for me?